Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ooops, I did it again!

Yes, we in fact have another new pet. Meet Vivian the betta (isn't he/she pretty?). It's actually a male, but we decided to pretend it's a girl since it's a pinky purple.

Before you judge me, you must realize how much begging I put up with. It's been especailly hard since we've been going to the pet store so much to buy crickets, etc. Everytime we're there, they are looking at all the pets and asking for more.


My main problem was that all the pets we've had, besides Jack and Frank, have been Logan's. All of them. Not sure how that happened. I guess it's because Ellie's 3 years younger. But she was really sad that she'd never had her own pet. So she used some of her birthday money to buy a betta, tank, rocks, etc. We already have one betta and seeing as how they're not too much trouble, I figured what the heck! I know, I'm a sucker!

Out of sheer boredom today I agreed to let the kids make "glook". Logan got the recipe out of this book (Secret Stuff for boys only) that he got last year from Scholastic book clubs. It's just a mixture of 1 c. cornstarch, 1/2 c. water and food coloring. It's messy, but it cleans up really easily.



Logan wanted his to look like boogers, of course.

And Ellie wanted pink.

It was a fun time for them and not a big deal for me. I'm always looking for things like that! :->

2 comments:

scoop said...

I am so glad Ellie got a pet! It's hard to be the littlest! Not what I would know, but I feel for her. And at least they are easy to take care of...

Shannan Riemer said...

Hey We got a boyfriend for Vivian and his name is Finn the Beta:) We got him last month, its a nice addition to the family.

Glook?