Saturday, July 10, 2010

All is well...It's just too freakin' early!


For some stupid reason lately I've been waking up early sometimes. No idea why. Well, the dog usually wakes up for his morning pee around 6:30-7, but I usually am able to go back to sleep afterward. Lately, this is sadly not the case. I'm trying to be as lazy as possible this summer because when (the power of positive thinking) I get a teaching job this year, I'll be waking up very early everyday.


The most irritating thing about it is that it's usually hunger that makes me get up! Is that normal? Right now, I'm sittin' here with my stomach growling!
(yes, I know I need to clean off the thermometer!)

Anyway, as long as I'm up I went ahead and checked the chicks (of course). I've been a little worried since yesterday I went in there in the afternoon and the temp read 111. I have no idea why it got that high... afternoon heating? So I've been checking them a little more often. They're maintaining at about 97 which I'm happy with.

You just never know at anytime that you walk in there what you're going to find. I always am relieved to see them both alive, quite frankly.

M.P. is really calming down. I guess it was all a lot for him to take in Thursday. What with moving and getting a new "sister". He doesn't peck at her all the time anymore and doesn't chirp quite as much. Although it's still more than her. He was even going to sleep in my hand yesterday. So cute!
I hope you all have a good weekend! Hope I do too...

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Hopefully you got back to sleep! I've been waking up in the middle of the night & every morning coughing for the past 2 months.. I feel for you sister! Have a great day!

erica said...

Try not to kill my birds : )