Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School days

On Saturday we went to our neighborhood Kindergarten club. They invite all the kids going to kindergarten to a little get together at our resident's club for some games, crafts, and pizza. We went up there and knew a few of the kids, but made friends with more. It was fun and I'm glad we went. Ellie had me curl her hair and she wore her pink maxi dress. Too cute!


This is a pic of all the kids that were there. It was a little bright for them.

I've been trying to wake the kids up earlier this past week to ease them into this earlier schedule. Especially Ellie. That girl likes to sleep! Yesterday we did a full practice run. We got up and got ready like it was school. It wasn't actually school as Logan pointed out to me about 100 times, but we were pretending. I needed to see how long it took me to get both kids ready and out the door. I'm glad we did it because it took longer than I thought!

Last night we went to bed early, I packed lunches, laid out their clothes, set their new alarm clocks and we were ready to go. They woke up at 6:10 am. I wanted to make sure they had plenty of time and weren't rushed. It seems like no matter when we get up we're still rushing by the end. We got off OK.


We had to do the obligatory in front of the door shot before we left. I don't know how many pictures like this I have from when I was a kid!

Walking to school the first week is weird. It's so crowded. There are parents and kids everywhere. This was the only day we could walk the kids to their classrooms. After that parents aren't allowed. There will be a designated drop off spot for each grade.





We took Ellie to her room first. We walked in and the teacher unloaded her backpack and told us where everything went. We put on her name tag and sat her at a table. She looked like she was in shock. Having had kids in preschool for a number of years and being a teacher now, I know it's best not to dawdle. Drop and go. It's the best policy. It just felt weird leaving her.

Next we walked Logan up to his room. Almost all the kids were in there sitting at their desks, so he just kind of went in and sat down. That felt weird too. I didn't take a picture of him in his room so that he wouldn't be embarrassed. Then Stuart and I walked out and home with no kids!

So here I am at home. Looking around my messy house wondering what to do first. Still no tears!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwwwwwwww, they are sooo big Mindy! ;)

erica said...

I hope the kids are having great days at school. I love Ellie's long dress every time I see it.