Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ellie's latest trick

I've been teaching Ellie to braid. Well, really I've just shown her how to do it a few times. It's easy in theory, but takes a lot of coordination to hold all the pieces of hair and keep them strait. Yesterday when we practiced I had to help hold the strands of hair to keep them strait. I thought it would be a while before she could do it. Today I looked over and she said, "Mom, I'm braiding!" I have to admit that I thought to myself, "yeah, right.", but then I looked over and saw this. Maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised since she basically taught herself to tie a bow. That takes coordination too, right? Hmmm, perhaps I should foster this new skill and get her to start braiding my hair!!

2 comments:

scoop said...

That is pretty impressive! Good for Ellie!

Jennifer said...

Awesome Ellie! :)