Monday, April 21, 2008

Another fun weekend

We had another good weekend. Saturday morning we got up and went to the Avery Ranch Garage Sale. I can't figure out why I don't go to garage sales more often? It's really fun. You can get some great deals!! And you can get some silly stuff for the kids for like a dollar! Who can beat that? My mom and Jerry came and Erica even snuck away from her garage sale and we all loaded up in the 'burb and cruised around Avery ranch looking for treasures! We wound up pretty much filling up the back of my suburban and I even had to make a trip back to pick up an exercise bike I got for Stu! It was awesome. I want to do it every Saturday!!

Logan bought this bike/skateboard ramp for $4 and the helmet for $1. Not bad, huh? Yeah, I know it's something else for him to break a bone on, but boys will be boys, right? (BTW, he just set the bike up there to pose for a picture. Cute, huh?)


On Sunday, we celebrated Erica's b-day by going to lunch and then coming back to her house for cake. I made her a chocolate cake and it was good (if I do say so, myself). It was a new recipe from my Kraft Foods magazines I get every few months. It turns out like a cake you'd get at a restaurant, but it's super easy! Here's a link to the Best-Ever Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=91361 Here's a picture of it and some flower's I got Erica.



My mom may not like how she looks in this, but I thought it was too cute to see Ellie and Grace squeezing her like this! They love their Nonny! (That's what they call her).I just had to show this last picture. I walked out into the living room the other night to find Logan and Ellie cuddled up on the couch like this. Isn't it sweet? It's nice to see these loving moments between them, which unfortunately are too few and far between. That's what makes all the time and toil of having kids worth it, right? Now if I could only have a little more of this and less of them screaming and trying to kill each other!!


Oh yeah, I had to add one more picture. It's prince(ss) Carter. He wore around Grace's tiara the other day and he was so cute. This is the best picture I could get of him with it on. I'm not sure if Ray would like this posted or not, but I don't think he reads my blog, so who cares. It's cute!


Hope you all had a good weekend!! Bye!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Score!- on all the great stuff Mindy!

erica said...

The picture of mom with the girls is really good. Carter needs a haircut!

Daniel said...

Garage sales rule! I'd go every week if I had enough room for all of the finds I would come back home with! It's cheap entertainment for all ages!!