Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My sweet kids

This weekend was fun. We had a visit from Stu's dad on Saturday. The kids love to see their Grandpa and it's not just because he usually brings them gifts! This time it was overdue Easter baskets. We visited and went to lunch and had a great time.


We were also planning a visit to Erica's house for Dinner and so we decided to bake a cake to take along. The kids love to help me cook and this time they broke out their aprons to do it up right! We made a pineapple Angel food lush cake and it was really good. I wish I'd taken a picture of it. Aren't they cute?



We visited, ate, played and had lots of fun. Logan was such a sweet big cousin to Carter, who seems to idolize him a little bit. He played with him a lot and kept him pretty happy. His Aunt Erica even paid him for his babysitting services.

As usual, the girls played together and had a wonderful time. I'm so glad they're growing up close like Erica and I did. They always say things like, "I love Grace. She's my best friend." It's really sweet. Of course there are also times that they can be kind of cruel to each other, which is normal, but sad all the same. Just like grown up girls, they seem to have mood swings. This weekend went really nicely though.
Logan got sick again this weekend. We haven't had the best luck in the health department this school year. He was home from school Monday and Tuesday. Today he and Ellievwent back to school and I just felt a sense of calm and relief. I'm not ready for Summer when they'll both be home all the time. I need to figure out how to spend our time better, more productively. Maybe I need to sit down and schedule out some activities for the week so we're not just aimlessly wandering through our day. Anyway, I'm not ready. I still have some things on my list of stuff I wanted to accomplish with my kid-free time. Today, I decided I needed a break from projects so instead I've been doing a ton of laundry and watching Oprah (do I know how to take it easy or what?). I also decided to dedicate part of my "free time" today to blogging which I haven't done much lately. So there you have it. This is what I've been doing with my life for the past few days. Ahh, I feel better. Now I just need to work on fixing up my blog a little more. Patience, grasshopper, patience. (yeah, I know- I'm a dork!)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear Logan was sick. The girls are adorable. I hope my girls are that sweet together.

Shannan Riemer said...

I am glad to read that you are going to blog more! keep on bloggin'

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.