Monday, April 7, 2008

The funny things they do.

Ellie was sick on Friday. Well, for a few days last week really. This is a picture of her sleeping on the couch. Even when she's sick she still looks like an angel. Too bad she can sure be a little devil. She's been giving us a rough time going to bed and waking up in the night. In fact I just had to get up and put her back in her bed right now. Also, she has wet the bed the last 3 nights in a row! She's never been much of a bed wetter. I'm hoping it had something to do with her illness which is better now and it will stop because I'm sure tired of getting up and changing sheets in the middle of the night! Not to mention washing sheets and blankets every day. We'll see how it goes.

My son loves to play with crawfish!! He's been counting down the months until spring again when they sell crawfish in a big bin in the aisle of our HEB. You get to pick them out yourself with tongs while they're all crawling around! He loves it! He plays with them right up until they go in the pot to boil. This doesn't seem to bother him much since he loves to eat them too! I feel so lucky to live in a place where we have such beautiful surroundings. We have a greenbelt behind our house with a little creek running through it. The kids love to stop and pick up rocks to throw in the water. It's lovely and I'm glad they get to experience a little bit of nature the way I did growing up. Not just a bunch of concrete and asphalt.

This is my little doll with her little doll! Too cute! Ellie picked out this outfit complete with hat and shoes to wear to the park. I told her I wanted to take her picture and this is how she posed for it completely on her own! Funny little turd!


Logan bought himself a skateboard this weekend. He used his allowance to buy it. While I feel like I can guide him on what he can and cannot buy, I don't feel like I can completely put things off limits (unless they're totally inappropriate). Which means now I get to sit around and wait for him to defy death and broken bones while he learns how to ride it! Ahh, the joys of parenthood!

3 comments:

erica said...

get that boy some wrist guards, pronto.

Lisa said...

Cute pictures! We might have to try the crawfish thing too. How fun!

Nicole said...

I love the girly pose! She's a natural!I kinda freaked the other day while at Sylvia's. Daniel pulled out a picture of you girls when you were little and Ellie DOES look JUST like you! Grace is a little Erica, too.