Thursday, August 18, 2011

Woo hoo!! I got a job!

Just when I thought there was nothing to wish for... I got a job!! It's not a classroom teaching job, but it's a great step in that direction. It's an Aid job in an Autism unit. I know it will be challenging, but I know it will also be a great learning experience for me and will help me get a classroom teaching job next year!
I'm going to be working with 2 kindergarten boys mainly. They'll spend time in our classroom as well as their "inclusion class". That means they'll be in a regular classroom sometimes as well and I'll be in there with them to help.
I'm just really excited to be an official employee of Riojas. I already know everyone that was there last year and they have all been really nice and seem genuinely happy that I'm back.
Even though I've been searching for a job since last summer, this all wound up happening rather quickly. I didn't even really interview for this position. However I had been interviewed there 2 other times, so I guess they figured they knew everything they needed to know! Basically Wednesday around 2:00 I was called and asked to come in and by around 3:00, I had a job! Crazy, but good!
I'm going to take some pics today and post later!

2 comments:

scoop said...

That's a great feeling! So happy you found something. I told you I thought you were going to get something soon!

Lisa said...

Awesome Mindy! I'm so happy for you! :)