Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things, Life, Whatnot...

So I've really been trying to soak up the summer. I've been staying up late and sleeping late and being as lazy as possible because I know once school starts... it's all over!

Now if I could only find a job! I'm still working on that. All hope is not lost. Although with this whole mid-life career change , I've taken a massive blow to my ego. Growing up most things came relatively easy for me. I'm not trying to brag, just being honest. I didn't have to work really hard at much to do pretty well. I wasn't #1 at everything, but I did OK. So, going through the past 2 years of rejection and searching has been a little difficult.

I'm sure in the long run I'll say it's been worth it, but man while you're in it, it just plain old sucks!

In the meantime... this summer I joined weight watchers. Erica encouraged me (yes, she does it too. You know she had those 4 lbs to lose!) I knew things had gotten out of control when I finally replaced the batteries in my scale (after about 4 months) and learned I had gained about 10 lbs since Thanksgiving. To be fair, I had lost 5 before T-giving. So the net gain was only 5, but still! How did that happen? I blame it on working at the elementary school and eating too much!! They like to feed the teachers you know. :-)

I'm happy to announce that even with all the pitfalls of summer, (being home all day with the entire refrigerator and the pantry, going on vacation, etc.) I was able to lose that 5 extra lbs!! Woo hoo!! So now, I'm working on another 10-15 I'd like to lose. I'm hoping it will be easier once school starts now that I have a good action plan in place. We'll see.

Anyway, I just had a few things to get off my chest. Tomorrow morning I'm taking my ESL (English as a second language) test. It would enable me to have kids in my class who speak English as their second language. It's another teaching certificate that hopefully will make me a little more marketable. I hate these tests. But at least it will be over and done with (unless I fail!) Ha! Failure is not an option!! These tests cost $120 to take!

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

scoop said...

Good luck Minster! It's hard times out there, we know you'll do well though. If you didn't have adversity to go through, how would you ever accomplish anything?!? Good luck and you'll do well!

Jennifer said...

Awesome job on the weight loss Mindy!
Good luck on your test!

erica said...

Good luck on your test. Thanks for outing me with weight watchers :) I have a very good feeling about the job!

Nicole said...

Hope your test went well! Hang in there, your perfect job is out there. Better things come to those who wait!
PS- i LOVE WW! I started in Feb of this year and love it!