Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crowe's Nest Farm

Here are a few pics from Ellie's field trip to Crowe's Nest Farm in Manor. We had a great time. They've got that place down to a science. We were in and out in no time! On the hayride.


They showed us how to milk a cow!

Watching the cow being milked.





They have a part called the Faerie Wood. It's just a trail through a nicely wooded area. But all around they have little fairies and pretty little birdhouses and all kinds of things. They tell the kids to see how many they can find while they're walking. This one was my favorite. Doesn't she look peaceful and serene. I need to try and get a little of that feeling in my hectic day!!!This was the entryway. A long tunnel covered in vines. It looked like they had frozen in the winter, but were growing back to cover it nicely once again.

Here's a little example of some of the fairies on display."Oooh look Mom, another fairy!"

It was a lot of fun. I'm so glad I was able to go with her!

3 comments:

erica said...

Let's cut to the chase here. Did they have pumpkins?

Mindy said...

Not sure. They did have a vegetable garden, but I didn't notice pumpkins.

Jennifer said...

I wanna go! How fun!