Friday, September 9, 2011

Hard Week

It's been a rough few weeks. Adjusting to my new schedule has been hard. Learning my new job has also been challenging. And to top it off, after almost 14 years, we lost Frank. It's been an adjustment getting used to the fact that he's gone. Several times a day, it will dawn on me that he's not here anymore to let in or out, feed, etc.


I'm glad he's finally able to rest and not be in pain. I don't think we'll be getting another dog anytime soon. The kids are already asking of course. I'm glad I had the distraction of work this week and wasn't home all the time to be reminded that he's not here. He was our first "baby" before we had any of our own. We got him about 6 months after we got married, so he's been a "Smith" almost as long as I have. It's weird without him. I'm sure we'll get used to it, but it will never quite be the same.


Rest in Peace, my buddy... Blaine Franklin Smith ("Frank").


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry Mindy! He was such a sweet dog.

erica said...

Awww. Frank had a very good life. Lots of good memories.

scoop said...

RIP Frank. He was loved and could not have asked for a better life.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry for your loss Mindy.