Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grandma's Pillows


Erica just mentioned Grandma's pillows in her blog. Here are the originals. Keep in mind they're probably at least 40 years old. I've always loved them. They seem like they'd be hard to make. She did them out of velvet which seems especially difficult to work with since it's so thick. I like the shiny ones Erica found too. I may have to go pick some up! It's nice to have some reminders of Grandma all around. She was an amazing lady.
She was always so crafty. She painted, sewed, crocheted, and did all sorts of other crafts as well. You never knew what you were going to find her working on when you went to visit. I wish I would have been able to know her longer and learn more from her.
Love and miss you Grandma!!

1 comments:

scoop said...

I miss her hand decorated Christmas cookies...yum!