Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Learning to teach

Well, I've started my class. It's been great. I was pretty nervous going back to school. It's been a long time since I've been a student. I really feel like I'm learning a lot. It's exciting.

It's also a little overwhelming. Every time I go I feel like I'm doing well, keeping up with everything. Then by the end of class when they've assigned us all our work, I'm like Ugghhh!! But, so far it's been pretty easy to keep up with. I'm supposed to start doing some observations at the elementary. I'm looking forward to that.

I've just been writing My Philosophy of Education. Aaarrrgghh! It's hard! But, I'm not going to complain. I've been waiting to do this for about 3 years now, so I'm ready to get this show on the road!

I only hope that I'm able to find a job somewhat close to home and that I have a good principal that is supportive.

At times this endeavor is quite daunting, but I'm still very excited and I'm glad I'm actually doing something to help achieve my goal- to be a teacher!

Wish me luck and excuse me if I am out of touch and my blog suffers (as I know it already has!).

4 comments:

Taytee said...

I remember when I first started looking at Nursing school - very overwhelming. I just took it one day at a time. Next thing you know, I've been a nurse for 3 years!

You're going to make a fantastic teacher!

Jennifer said...

How exciting Mindy!! I wish I had the energy!

scoop said...

That's awesome...good luck--what an exciting time!

Nicole said...

You're excused! You're finishing your education to do THE MOST important jobs on earth....teaching children and molding them. Good luck with everything!!