Friday, July 6, 2012

Logan's New Room

After Nine years spent with Logan's animals, it was time to say goodbye.  He's wanted to paint his room for a few years now.  I decided this summer was a good time to do it, so with a little bit of a sad heart we repainted his walls and bid a fond farewell to his little-boyhood.
 I spent literally months painting this when Logan was 2.  It took a long time because as most of you know it's pretty impossible to do much with little kids around.  I remember going into his room while he napped and painting as much as I could. 

 Finally around the time he turned 3 I finished.  It was great and he loved it for a long time.  But my little boy's growing up.  Sniff, sniff...  And it was time for a change.
 Here he is putting on the first coat.  It took about 3 coats to fully cover the mural and light colored wall behind. 



 Ta-da!!  His new "tween" room.  It's not completely finished.  I still need to put some backing on his posters that don't quite fit the frames and we have a little more decorating to do, but I think it looks pretty good.  And totally different!!  What a difference paint makes, huh?
He starts middle school in the fall. I'm afraid the changes have just begun.  But at least he has a cool room to begin his new journey!

2 comments:

erica said...

Wow. Just wow. That's certainly a teen boy's room!

scoop said...

This is awesome. I'm sad too to see the animals go but it really is a greet tween room. :) Good job momma! and Logan too!