Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sixty~Eighty

Last weekend we went to Houston to go to Stuart's grandparents 60th Anniversary/ 80th Birthday party. Yes, that's right, Stu's Mom's parents have been married 60 years!! Amazing, huh?



We had a great time at the party. Logan and Ellie were really good and we all looked nice. We even took a family picture. I liked how I looked in this one the best (and we all know that's the most important thing :-).




Here's Stu's mom, Cindy. Doesn't she look nice? They had it at a nice place near Tomball where they live. Last year Stu's grandma (aka Memaw) asked me to help her with some invitations. You see they don't make 60th Anniversary invitations and they certainly don't make 60th Anniversary and 80th Birthday in the same event invitations. So I used my MS publisher software I have to design these for her. She said she wanted them simple and blue is her favorite color, so here's what I came up with.
Here's Stu with his sister Becky(almost 30) and his "little" brother Garrick(19).

Even more important is that the whole family was together. Memaw's 3 brothers were there (yes, they're all still living) and all the cousins, grandkids and great-grand children too! I know we all felt lucky to be able to share in this special day with them!!
I only hope Stu and I are still around for our 60th!! We've only got about 48 years to go!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is awesome! Great pics Mindy! ;)

Samantha said...

Love all of the new pics!! The invitations look professionally done! Good job! Looks like you all had fun..

scoop said...

I love the invite; is wonderful. Becky isn't thirty; she's like 22. :)