Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A big night!!

Who knew these things could be so educational?

I just had to post about this since I was so excited by it. Tonight in the bath tub Ellie and I were playing. She likes to put up a bunch of letters on the wall and ask what it spells. Usually it doesn't spell anything, but I sound out the silly word for her. Tonight she put up some letters and I rearranged them into a word. Then I sounded it out for her. Then I changed 1 letter and she said that she wanted to sound it out. So she did. The I kept making different words and she kept sounding them out!! Really doing it by herself. I was amazed. My little girl read some words on her own tonight for the first time!!!!!!!! I'm really proud and amazed by her and Logan. That's one of the greatest things about parenthood.
And just think that earlier today, I wanted to ring her neck. She and Logan were driving me crazy this afternoon. But it turned out to be a great day after all!

Logan also had a fun night tonight. His cub scout den went on a field trip to the operations center for 911, ems, fire and all that for the city of Austin. Stuart went with him, so I don't know that much about it. But it sounds like it was pretty cool. Here are some pictures of that.

3 comments:

erica said...

Very cool! Today they had kindergarten info at preschool. Our girls are really going in the fall : )

scoop said...

yay Mindy; glad to see you are blogging more. I'm so proud of Ellie...she's a big girl now and ready for Kindergarten! :)

Nicole said...

Nice background!

You're a good mom! It's nice to see the fruits of your labor paying off, huh? I can tell her mom read to her a lot!